Monday, June 13, 2011

Wings

I'm always last minute
I struggle sometimes to get to the point
because I can't find the write words
the perfect, exact word... words

A friend yelled at me to get to my point
I realized I was acting like someone in their 90's
suffering a... like I am now... to unearth...
to... another word for find...
the right words again!!

I was exhibiting symptoms of
not amnesia... but that other mental disorder that
Occurs when you have had trauma to
The heart or mind
A stroke... I think... or an accident
Where you've hit your head not
From banging it against the wall for ideas
But... gosh, what is that called???

Arthur Kopit wrote a play about a
Character who had it... I assisted on
that show... it was heartbreaking like
My realization that, just like I'm not patient
With slow drivers and folks who just don't
Seem to "get it" right away, this "friend" was
Doing the same thing to me... frustrated
At my inability to speed it up so she could
Pass me up on the information highway
in sharing her idea she was waiting
So impatiently to offer in the diner booth
We shared...

Aphasia.

No comments:

Post a Comment