Sunday, June 5, 2011

A 2-Fer... Or Maybe More.

So my friend and I have decided to write a poem a day for a year. We began this endeavor on June 1st, 2011. Yesterday I missed my regularly scheduled poetic penning. For this I must do pen-ance (get it? HAR HAR!!) and write TWO poems today whilst saying a "Hail Mary." I jest. I will not be saying a "Hail Mary," but I will be writing two poems... haikus, at that. I hope this does not seem like a cop out. Writing haikus is not as easy as it seems for the writer must, ""paint" a mental image in the reader's mind. This is the challenge of Haiku - to put the poem's meaning and imagery in the reader's mind in ONLY 17 syllables over just three (3) lines of poetry!" Let me know if you think I captured and executed the art of Haiku after you've read what I offer below:


Chris #1
Rumbling voice of gold
Juicy full lips softly kiss
Good bye to my heart

Chris #2
Skyscraper strong, tall
Blocking views to other men
Barred entrance to heart

In the interest of not seeming to be over someone I once really liked, I think I need a 3rd poetic offering. Triptychs are just cooler than diptychs - sounds like dipstick anyway - so who wants to read diptychtical poetry (even if that phrase is full of rhyme and alliteration)?

Chris #3
Can't remember when
It ended without as much
As a "glad to have known you"

Christophe #4
Band-aid ripped off - OUCH!
Dropped off at the curb - clip! clop!
Through the door alone


Chris #5A
My girl-friend at prom
My boyfriend slung on her arm
What happened to US?

Chris #5B
Prom with someone else
She was smug with gloatful joy
She called me friend - NOPE!


Chris #6
Opened my heart wide
Spoke lines of wishful thinking
Lips uttered nothing

Chris #7
Must get over this
Ridiculousness to feel
Like a crushed present

Chris #8
Held hands, lead forward
Maze of teenaged emotions
Navigated bad

Chris #9
Euphoric feeling
Cool night air while, "palm to palm"
"...holy palmers' kiss..."

Chris #10
In Your Eyes, the light,
The heat. Your eyes - incomplete
I am found - unloved

Chris #11
Moved on like the tide
Rushed back into the sea now
Other fish to catch

Chris #12
He must be my Muse
STOP! I can't let that happen
Unforgettable


Obviously, this turned into a a tribute to an unreachable boy I once loved doused with angst from my teen years. I guess I should be happy I can channel it creatively. I think these Haikus are quite good. Let me know what you think...


P.S. I changed the titles because I used the boy's whole real name as the titles. That's not a good, ethical or professional thing to do. I am not trying to make anyone feel anything but nostalgic about their awkward teen years.

No comments:

Post a Comment