Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Heaven Sent

I'm a woman. I want certain things
My way - or it's the highway.
Either the higher way of learning
What I can and can not stand or
Teaching someone else MY plan.
Man you better get out of my way
Because if you're going to continue to play
Step away from the curb called my face
Because I will get all up in yours and
Tell you about yourself and you won't like it -
Don't worry I won't make it easy like you
And the little games you've played -

I am coming down to the ground from
My perch in Heaven - I am an angel you
Have not found, you have been graced 
By the presents of my presence and
I'm looking around for, and it's all I need,
Just one good man who won't rob,
Slob or blob all over me and my friends.

Often we come as a team - me and my girls.
Don't try to break in - we are tighter than
Levi 501 Jeans after being washed on hot.
Shrink to fit into our world or move along.
We are thicker than thieves,
Stronger than a bull in a china shop, and we
Will never stop looking out for one another.

Pay up or shut up, we won't back down
We're already on the ground - zero
Lookin' for a hero - who will not turn
Tail and fail, but see a woman who is
An angel in disguise, without lies or ties
To pain, strain, or disdain -
What are you waiting for? Jump
At this chance or you will
Not get a chance to dance into our hearts.

I am a woman. I need certain things.
Read between the lines. Read me.
Read the fine print or don't even bother
Apply to try and win my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment