Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Morning mourning... Mourning morning...

I am not a morning person.
I never have been or so my mother says.
I am not a mourning person.
I do not know how to mourn.
My mother needn't vouch for that.
It is a fact.

Whether I am mourning
morning has rudely announced its arrival
via my sub-center wake up call or
the shrieking squawk of my alarm clock...

or come morning I'm mourning my need to arise from
the selfless warm embrace my bed and bedding tirelessly provide -

I know this much, it all sucks...

Morning and mourning...

Don't die in the morning...

I'm not a mourning person.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jo! I love your writings - glad to see you putting them out there! I would love to have you do a guest post on Swigs and Grinds. Let me know if you come up with something in the realm of eating, drinking, & being merry - because you know... that's what Swigs and Grinds is all about!
    Cheers,
    H

    ReplyDelete