Friday, July 1, 2011

Let Freedom Ringa-Ling

Why hello July! Welcome to my summer.
It's the first of your month and quite a bummer
To be locked inside because of monsoon-like weather.
My girls and I would like to go outside to smell the heather,
But, you, Chicago July, have quite different plans:
Wind whipping and ripping roofs off as easy as Spik & Span-
Tough on grease, and greasy men too
Let me out of this jail cell of indoors; I'm kinda blue!
I don't mind the precursors to your violent ways:
The Lightning bugs and thunder claps that just do not play-
However, there are festivals to attend and food to eat -
I need to get out and move my body and wiggle my feet.
July don't you get it? I need the freedom to let mine ring-
Please let freedom ringa-linga-ling without one mosquito sting.

No comments:

Post a Comment