Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Drama 4 Yer Mama!

Front and center, center stage
Downstage center -
HIT YOUR MARK!
ANNUNCIATE!
PROJECT!
The blue-hairs in the back
GOTTA HEAR YOU!

And curtain
And remember your cues and
Pick up the pace and
Stop letting semis drive through
Your pauses - pausing in the
Spot light to wonder and figure
And question your motives;
What is your motivation to
Take the stage, to take on
Something else that pushes you
In the direction of more rejection.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!
This isn't right and that isn't right and
You're just not right for the part.

Which part? The part called my life?
I struggle to be directed and be told
What to do, with my life - hit your mark,
Communicate, BREATHE life into that
Character - that character is me!
I need this, I want this, I want this -
I need this like a bullet in my head OR
A winning lottery ticket?

Hurry up and wait and wait and wait and
Put it off to do for others... and others do
It to you and your mind and your heart goes
Through the rigors of mortis of not following
Your dreams and deeming yourself a failure.

No more - I will move in the direction of
My dreams, even though they have been
Quite nightmarish - and succeed at being that
Character only I know - me, fully, truly,
Authentically me - front and center, center stage,
Downstage center in my life...

And scene.

NEXT!

No comments:

Post a Comment