Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thee One

Frogs are fun. They bounce and belch without apology.
They can. It's what they are and what they are allowed to do.
You, however, are not created in a floating clump of frog spawn.
You, therefore, have no excuse for following their suit and
Jumping around like a complete idiot savant without regard
For your species: Homo Sapien. Stop wading in that pond.
You're a grown frog now. Leap out and try some other Lily's pad.

I have kissed some frogs and nary a prince was unveiled by
the broken magic spell.
I haven't a stomach anymore for watching frog legs hop away
Untransformed by my demure-ity.

Maybe it is fatalistic to think there is a
"The One" out there for me.
Crap, I think I killed that frog in the sandbox
on the playground in kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment