Thursday, August 11, 2011

Wrinkle Crack*

I got that feeling I used to get a lot
When I was a kid - it was a feeling of
Hope and excitement - of anticipation and
Utter disbelief in my good luck at the
Fortune that was going to befall me.

Something actually stirred deep in me -
It made me smile genuinely... which
Caused a wrinkle crack to occur like
A parenthesi, on the left side of my mouth.

It is a beautiful mark of accomplishing something
No drug or tryst has ever - deep satisfaction
At the fact that I can see what seems
Unfathomable become a reality.

I'm very excited at the race I have
Signed up to run - it's a long distance
Endurance kind of race, so I hope I can
Maintain the pace of joyfulness I have set
That has begun as a little bonfire in my gut.

Persistence and tenacity will be the fan that
Stokes the flames into not being extinguished.

No comments:

Post a Comment