Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pounding

Pounding headache aches.
For all it's worth I ache from
The pounding beneath the flesh
That encloses my skull.

I can barely complete this.
But I am on a deadline -
A line I have drawn that I
Must meet even if it kills me.

Why is nothing changing
Except for the intensity level at
Which my brain feels like it
Is trying to force its way

Out of my body through my
Left eye? Crying makes the pain
More insane - and insanity by
Definition is trying to do the

Same thing with different results.
Prince Charming needs to arrive
On his trusty white stallion steed and
Rescue me with a panoply of painkillers.

Then the death of the pain that's trying to
Off me will be sweet and best served cold
Like the revenge it was trying to have upon me and
My mind that simply seeks serenity from the

Invisible knives that plunge into my head
Over and over end not in sight like ocean waves
Crashing on a beached whale being pillaged for
Its blubber to keep eskimos warm in winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment