Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Will I Remember?

Will I remember forever?
It's quite a long time.
A place where I go when
I have a bit of time to spend
Reminiscing about that which
I no longer have or have wanted
And still haven't got - a place
Where things don't turn out or
Turn up in a spot of darkness in
The shadow of my mind.
My dream car, my dream house,
My dreams for a family - all gone
With the thoughts that I can't even
Begin to tally... sorrow and sadness
Are ever present sisters who invite
Themselves to tea and spin long
Fantasies of what life was like
Without them: bleak and yet
Bleaker still with them... they're all
I have known it seems for quite a
While - while I while away the seconds of
What I haven't remembered in a memory
Of their 'morrow - don't forget
What you've had - the good that is -
Never forget that before you
Expire: you were strong and bold
Like the flavor of your favorite coffee
Sold as "free trade" as you'd freely trade
Some memories for others just to
Forget what you remembered that
Struck some chords in your memory bank safe -
The combination to which you wish you had forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment