Monday, August 8, 2011

A Pittance of Love*

Sometimes I wonder if this is all there is
A joke God has played to say He did His job
Had me be born to a family that's great and
Then didn't allow me to have my own because
of mistakes and sins I have made even
Though I'm told that's not the way He plays.

I have played dirty and fast and hard with rules.
I have lied and cheated and created a fool in
My mind of myself for believing in lies that are
Posited as faith perhaps in disguise where no one
Can say they're sure of what they hope for and
Certain of what they do not see - see I have been
Staring at the back of the head of hope and the
Possibility that I may someday see the face a few of
The dreams that have not become a reality and
Keep popping up as nightmares or terrors not
Even as I sleep - as I walk around as a zombie from
So many sleepless nights crying my eyes out
Wishing I had decided another way or prayed a
Different prayer or felt I had control of how my
Life has been unfolding - I think I'm in the 3rd act -
That's where the climax is supposed to happen -
The anxiety I have from awaiting the turning point
In my life is causing high blood pressure which is
A knife held and pressed on the pulse that is
My carotid almost ready to be pushed in so the
River of my AB+ life source can flow and
Deliver me to the final act and curtain closing
Called my life... no 4th act - nobody will know,
I won't be missed - no one has attended the show
I have called my swan song and life - was what
I was charging for admission too steep a price?
It only cost a pittance of love and a pinch of
Sweetness... perhaps walking across the threshold
On shattered and scattered broken glass hearts
Was the deterrent - it would have just taken one brave
Janitor to clean up the shards and then who would know...

No comments:

Post a Comment