Sunday, August 7, 2011

Why Do It?*

Getting on line and looking at tabloids.
Why do it?
Often I am left feeling inferior and
Inadequate about some portion of
My life or portion I have.

I'm not thin enough.
I'm not pretty enough.
I'm definitely not rich enough to
Travel in those circles.
Like the social outcast who is
Just trying to survive treading the
Waters of this life and get by, there
Are always constant reminders that
I don't measure up in my measurements -
All numbers mind you created by and
For the opinion of the person who creates and
Wins said opinion poll.

Again, why do we... do I do it?
It certainly doesn't make me feel better
About myself or the state of the Nation of
The numbers that are not in my checking
Account - checking out the facts that that's
Just how it is for some of us... okay,
MOST OF US are not in the tiny number of
Folks who are seemingly superior according to the
Recent Gallup - riding swiftly by on looks and a
Little personality all the way to the bank.

Pull the plug on the internet - plug your ears to
The search engines that are wailing for your
Attention or to get you out of the way to
Pull over so they can get by and leave you in the
Dust of the gutter, the margins of this life, if only
Just in your minds eye or binary code.

No comments:

Post a Comment