Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Conglomeration*

There are two sides to a coin
There are two sides to me...
There may be many other sides;
I've lost count - each facet fascinates
My imagination while it takes a
Tour of the terrain of my mental
Landscape - all the peaks and valleys
All the slopes and curves - nothing
Is hidden, nor uncovered - nothing
Heavy or light - sound enters and
Exits, gets trapped and is expelled
Through a gentle sigh or a breath
Gathered over the top lip and through
The nose rushing over the brain to
Soothe the rough edges of my mind
With the slow closing of my eyes
Resting the top lids upon the bottom
Lashes lacing together like fingers in
Holding hands, intertwining - rolling
Eyeballs under thin flesh until all that's
Seen is the inside of my eyelid - pink,
Dark gray with muted shapes of light
Etched on them from staring at it...
Then it's gone when I'm awakened -
All the sides are integrated and I
Become one whole of many...
A conglomeration of much.

No comments:

Post a Comment