Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Am Brilliant

I am brilliant.
Ever just stop and tell yourself
Something that is hard to believe
Because the world likes to
Tell you otherwise on a
Billboard or magazine cover?
I am brilliant.
I care about the air I breathe and
The air I share with the people
I love and I love a lot and I love
Long and without caution -
There is duct tape found around my
Heart where it is held together from
Being so reckless with my
Brilliance - shining before all men
And women - bowing and scraping
Together a living to continue to
Bow and scrape a living together
Before an audience who will
Bow before my brilliance or
Cover their eyes from the glare -
I want no despair from those who
Find something applaudable in me -
I want what I give out, back -
Gratitude, awe, love and kindness -
Genuine niceness, friendliness -
Something few people find in those
Who know they should tell themselves
More often, "I am brilliant."

No comments:

Post a Comment