Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pre-Fortieth

In exactly two months
I will be exactly who I was
Exactly at 13 - yet with more
Responsibility and actually forty.

I may have a man, but I can honestly
Say, I am still the same woman in
A curvy way - mentally challenged,
Depressed at times, faithless too -
But I have always wanted what all
Little girls want and I have to say,
It's not true - your Prince Charming
Doesn't come on a trusty steed -
He comes in the trappings that you
Are in too - just anatomically different,
Wearing different shoes - so be careful
Not to copy his dressing style or you'll
Find that his mind is on another no matter
How much he tries to tell you he loves
You while he eyes the next thing that
Traipses by looking all girly and ridiculously
Fly!

Don't give up now, Kate Bush says...
So don't - God has His plans - the
Razor blades aren't sharp enough, nor
Is the alcohol and pills that have sat
In the cupboard for too long for you to
Jump the ship called life on your
Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment