Sunday, January 15, 2012

Backseat Bets

She told me,
"Don't do it.
Don't ever get in the
Back seat of a car with
A boy!"... but man it
Sure was cold until
He held me against him
On those leather clad
Cushions of the Benz
He was blessed with by
His family with toys... and
Now my heart is bleeding
With guilt once again because
I chose to not listen to my
Heart beating on three different
Frequencies - his and mine for him
And for God's religion that's
Supposed to be spiritual and a
Relationship based on commitment
And a covenant not a contract that
Binds like my tights did to keep
Him out of my being and warmer
When the winds whipped my legs
Like his hands on my backside
Traveling without concern for
Where my heart may end up...
On the floorboards of the car
Stomped on by the feet that
Rush to get me but don't really...
I'm free to exit the automobile and
Yet I don't because I feel like I'll
Lose him even though I have
Lost this fight with myself and
My feelings... good night...
Hello tears on the backseat of
The bet I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment