Monday, January 2, 2012

Day Two Blues...

When things go well I worry and
When things go badly I worry too.
RIGHT NOW: things are equal parts good and bad.
I enjoy the excitement that excitement
Produces, but with excitement means
There is a lack of peace since excitement
Incites, begets, and produces feelings that
Stir up the dust of discontent which call
In to question peace's ability to peacefully
Put to rest the murmur of excitement's din.
Come on day two... what will you do with
This fear of detachment I feel from departing
From my love's embrace in a freezing cold
Metal and plastic chamber of gears and
Fabric covered upholstery that holds us as
We hold each other and clamor for more
Moments that scare as they tear off the old
Feelings of fear from not giving and now
Giving a bit too much in looks, touches, tastes of
Onion on lips chapped from winter's cruel
Sandpapering of our mouths - we don't say
Enough, we say too much and not enough
When and where love is involved keeping it
Above board and pleasing to all Entities
Involved - God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit...
Please know prayers are going up to keep it
Going and flowing and growing... I don't want
It to end - but there was no call and so
I am blue on day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment