Friday, September 9, 2011

Valet Service

Sometimes you must drive through Hell
In order to park your hoopty in Heaven.

Cregier street jogs my memory into a state of
Self pity - it seems everything I want, that
I think I need, is that much harder to achieve...
Same goes for those folks on Cregier -
Peddle to the metal, no - clutch put in gear
For fear of not getting what others place
A value on - me and my abilities...

I pull up to that drive through window and
Am handed a cold order of french fries.
I could take them and drive off, but I get
Outta my jalopy and go inside and try
To be real nice and all, but my evil side
Gets the better of me sometimes and I say,
"Look here! These french fries are cold and
The only reason they should be is if you went to
France to make them and had to walk back,
NOW I want a fresh pack or my money back!"

"Well, uh, m'am, why don't you take a seat
While that young man goes and valet parks
Your car while we get you a piping hot, fresh,
New pack of french fries straight from our fryer
NOT at all from France."

"Valet parks my car?"

Sometimes when you park in Hell
Someone else sees it as an opportunity for
A joy ride to Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment