Thursday, September 8, 2011

100 Strong

100 was not something I wanted to
Weigh as an 8 year old, but it's something
I wanted to stay as a 15 year old...

100 is an age of antiquity but even
Antiquity is older than that and perhaps
100 times greater are the artifacts that have
Stood the test of time, past the lines that
Line the halls to stare at the objects now
Worth more than 100 dollars and then some -
Behind plexiglass or stanchions.

100 is an age I don't want to see, but
Something I want to be in soul and wisdom
Knowing that what I know was needed
At the time it was gleaned and given away
With a gleam in my eye for the future who
Inherited it unsolicited...

100 times 100 times 100 is how many times
I want to feel alive in the moment and know
That I have been exponentially blessed
Regardless of my circumstances - especially
When I'm down on my luck or down in the
Corners of my mouth.

100 - it's a milestone - one I have reached
100 times in writing these poems -
100 days; 100 poems; 100 strong will become
100 stronger soon enough - in 100 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment