Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Here I Go... Again

I read that if I have faith
This too shall pass -
Pass away? What?
The clouds of depression
That blanch out the
Light of hope? Well,
Here I go... again,
Down that tunnel where
There is no light at the
End of it - I hear the
Very real lies of the Enemy
Telling me the truth about
Myself: too dumb to know
That I should not keep
Going - but too lazy and
Lame to do anything about it.

Sadness is an all too familiar
Scratchy shroud that envelopes
Me in its folds and is set ablaze -
Unfortunately it is anti-retardant and
I can't get unwrapped - untouched by the
Fiercely burning licking tongues of
Flames that leave scars - reminders that
Bring me back to this scenario
Over and over again - trapped in my
Mind where nothing can seem to
Penetrate or help in abating the pain
Of a f**ked up mind that is trying to
Kill its host.

No comments:

Post a Comment