Thursday, September 1, 2011

Ivory in Obsidian*

His swag is hypnotic,
Alluring, dripping with the
Drug that knocks you out
With one whiff - and then
His smile - perfect ivory
Keys set in an Adonis chiseled
Obsidian face beckoning me to play
Each one with a kiss -

My ivory skin is the same color
As his teeth - his smooth black
Features are only found in my
Eyelashes that I bat in disbelief at
His unreal beauty - a statue brought to
Life - walking the streets to guard and
Guide the children I teach on to safe
Passage - if only he could do that
With my heart...

He is a dangerous fox.
I am a wide-eyed bunny.
If he was ever hungry he would not
Have to chase me. I would willingly
Sacrifice my heart as a meal on the
Altar of his swift appetite- if only
I could trap his attention I would
Play upon the keys he unknowingly
Uses to paralyze my being and
Devour my hope in finding
A replica of him for my own
In the safe haven of familiars.

1 comment: