Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Outside In

Sitting on the curb watching
The feast.
How do I get invited?
I need to eat.
Laughter, embraces, shared
Amongst all that sit at
The table enjoying it all.

Feeling like a dog under foot or
Under the table afraid to get kicked
By the ones who are able to ask
For a serving that is being
Dished out to everyone asking
Even the guy I thought a louse.
Whimpering silently, aching for love

Tail between legs, scooting ever
Closer to the edge to limp to the door to
Scratch on it for entrance... please,
May I join you? I'm really famished.
I have been watching the fun that
You all have been having... met with
A split second of silence then bludgeoned
With, "OF COURSES!! COME IN!
THERE'S MORE WHERE THAT
CAME FROM!"

Full from gratitude and grateful to boot,
The walk was the longest because of
The commute from outside to in in a
Matter of welcoming hoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment