Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Billy... with a "Y"

Billy with a "Y" has tried so hard
Not to cry when talking about his
Past... "the abuse that was done to
Me was both physical and mental and
It has left scars that you can and can't
See..." he stares with a gaze that's
Both creepy and sad - his crystal, clear
Blue eyes betray the metaphor of
Swimming in the pool of his eyes
Because a drowning will occur instead.
Stormy seas can't even describe what
Is projected from his eyes and yet there is
A placidness...

"I'm Billy with a "Y," yep, and I
Find it hard to smile sometimes."

And I find it hard to believe that
This still occurs to so many that I
Have become blind to his eyes
Staring at me for comfort and
Friendship - I can handle only a
Few measured minutes with him as
I keep checking the time because
The fear he wears as scars bite into
My flesh leaving wounds of empathy...

"Let's practice laughing!" I say, and
We do and he's happy for that second
Or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment